Welcome to Homeschool Authors, Teagan. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hi! My name is Teagan and I'm the author of NOVEL CONCEPT. Here are a few things you can know about me:
* I've been on The Today Show, as well as two other news segments. (I'm
about to be on a couple more, but those are still secret.) [Link to The
Today Show:, KTVU:, KGUN9:
* I was in the documentary movie: Life in a Day.
* I can hula hoop while solving the Rubik's Cube.
* I am vegan.
* I'm homeschooled, but that's pretty obvious or I wouldn't be on this site.
* I've been taking ballet since I was five.
* I love Bollywood, and I've been taking Bollywood dance classes for the
* I recently started taking Tae Kwon Do, and I love it! I just broke a
board for the first time yesterday.
* I love designing and sewing outfits. I specialize in skirts.
* A few jobs I want to have are: author (of course), model, dancer, fashion
designer, and custom boutique owner.
What is your favorite part of being homeschooled?
One thing that's really nice about being homeschooled is that it allows me to have a very flexible schedule.
What is your favorite book genre?
It's hard to choose just one, but I'm thinking probably mystery because I find it really fun how you can try to solve the mystery before the detective in the book figures it out.
Who are some of your favorite authors?
Some books that I love include:
Secrets of My Hollywood Life (series) by Jen Calonita
The Howling Vowels by Leslie Schultz
Matched (series) by Ally Condie
Cody Greene and the Rainbow Mystery by Linda Fields
Fractured Fate by Caja Coyote (my sister is a co-author)
and, of course, the Wright on Time series by Lisa M. Cottrell-Bentley (my mom)
What first made you want to write a book?
This is a hard question to answer because there are more than one responses to it:
(1) It just plain sounded like fun.
(2) I already had a bunch of story ideas, and I thought I might as well
write them out to see if I could.
(3) My mom is always writing (she's the author of the WRIGHT ON TIME series about an RV-living homeschooling family) and she is always brainstorming and editing with my sister, Zoe (also an author), and me. Since that is always so fun, I thought I'd give my own ideas a try.
What caused you to write a story about two girls writing a novel?
I think its really cool whenever anybody does "something" about that something. For example, writing a book about writing a book, or maybe acting out a scene about acting, etc. So I thought it would be fun to do just that. When I was having difficulty coming up with what to write about, I realized that I could just write about that.:)
Tell us a little bit about A Novel Concept.
In NOVEL CONCEPT, the main plot is about writing a book. I actually found at few points that I was learning about things at the same time as Monica and Julie (the two main characters in my book). For example, I found I was still deciding on the GMC (Goal, Motivation and Conflict) for Monica and Julie at the same time as I was writing about them deciding on their GMC for their book. This was fun. I added in things that I like, such as Halloween and vegan foods, and I was set.
Where can people buy it?
I sell autographed copies on my website: The most popular place to buy it is Amazon:
Do you plan to write more books?
Yes! I do plan to write more books and I currently have a bunch of ideas about future books. Several are in the works, but most are just a list of ideas.
Can you give us a hint of what it is going to be about?
Well, of course, I want my next book to be a surprise, but I can say it's going to have a little bit of adventure and involve some of my hobbies and interests.:)
Any final thoughts?
I love your website! Thanks for interviewing me!:)
Thank you for stopping by Teagan